Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!!

Its a boy!! We went for our second sonogram the Thursday before spring break. My parents came in town and so they got to be there for the big reveal! Our sweet little boy spread his legs just long enough for us to see that it was a BOY! The rest of the time he was just as wiggly as can be. We are sooo excited for our first baby to be a boy. Baron thinks it is another reason for me to let him buy a bass boat. He's definitely already one proud daddy. First thing I did on Saturday was go by him the cutest Pottery Barn airplane bedding. Planes are going to be the theme of his room since his daddy is going to be a pilot. This week I am 20 weeks or 5 months. It is seriously going by so fast!! I am still feeling really good. I think Baron is a little weirded out seeing me with my growing belly. We have been going for walks in the evening or at least when the weather is nice, trying to get a little bit of exercise in here and there. I felt his first flutters last week too. It is the neatest feeling ever. I am super anxious for Baron to be able to feel our little man kick.

Baron and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Sunday. I cannot believe it has already been a year since the big day. A year ago I never dreamed I would be pregnant with our first baby already! The first couple of days of spring break we took a short trip to Fredricksburg, TX. We stayed in this really neat, romantic cabin just of the Main Street. We had some great food and enjoyed ourselves no doubt. On Sunday for our actual anniversary we ate at Campisis, my favorite Italian resteraunt. Yummy!! Its been an amazing year and I would not change a thing!

School is going great too! My kiddos are doing really well. Only 5 more weeks till the big TAKS test. YIKES! I think I am more nervous than the kids. I absolutely love teaching 3rd grade, but that test makes me sometimes wish I taught like 2nd or something. Only 11 more weeks till summer!! The countdown is on! I am definitely looking forward to getting some sun on my glowing white self.

So somewhere around the end of January I got a phone call from my sister. Her and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for some time now, however, it seemed the timing just wasn't quite right. I believe that everything happens in God's timing and it wasn't the right time until this past January! David was supposed to deploy on the Sunday and she called me on Saturday morning before. I couldn't help but scream when she told me that she was pregnant too and only 5 weeks behind me!! It was like a dream come true and an answered prayer. Not only was it an answered prayer because my sister and David will be amazing parents, but also because I have always prayed that me and Callie could one day enjoy our pregnancies together. So you can only imagine my excitement when she told me she was pregnant and due a month after me! Crazy! My parents are not going to get just one grandchild but 2 within a months time!! She went today for her second sonogram and they think they know what her baby is, but it is going to remain a surprise until they are 100% certain of the sex.

1 comment:

  1. so cool! I am very excited for you girls. My sister in law (Matthew's, brother's wife) and I were pregnant at the same time. Our babies are just 3 days apart. We love it. Matthew said he and his brother always wanted their children to be close in age... they got it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete